Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Go

I'm going to write about space. I don't pretend to know a lot about it, but I am fascinated by it. Somehow I know I always have been, but I have only recently realized my obsession.

Space is an incomprehensible idea. The vastness that is space, so immense and awesome, is incredible to say the very least. To try to understand it, to know it, seems an impossible task. Yet, we have been trying. I am so excited by the possibility, the potential, the things that have not been conceived of. It is truly amazing that a place like space can exist. A place we humans really know almost nothing about.

That is exactly why I want to know more.

There is an immeasurable amount of knowledge waiting to be discovered in the universe. My goal is to pursue that knowledge. I am not one to sit here and be content with what we currently know. I know that there is an infinite amount of "unknown" out there that is important and exciting and waiting to be found. I want to work towards getting there. I am going to work towards getting there.

I think about the progress that has occurred over the last fifty some years and can not even begin to fathom what the next fifty years will bring. But I am excited to know that I will get to see what it will bring. I'm excited that I have a chance to be a part of it.

We have seen the coming and going of rocket programs, shuttle programs, and satellite programs, but we have only scratched the surface in knowledge of space travel and space life. Yes, NASA has conducted thousands, if not tens of thousands, of experiments during it's 54 years, and we have learned a lot about our Earth, other planets, and ourselves; but nowhere near all there is to know. We don't even fully know WHAT there is to know. And that is what's so exciting. Pursuing the unknown.

I am going to begin my journey in pursuit of the unknown here, and I will document what I come across on the way. Thank you for joining me. Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment